"Brene Brown studies human connection -- our ability to empathize, belong, love. In a poignant, funny talk at TEDxHouston, she shares a deep insight from her research, one that sent her on a personal quest to know herself as well as to understand humanity."
The talk is about 20 minutes long and I don't think you'll regret watching it:
Here are some of my "take-aways" from this inspiring talk:
- Let go of who I think I should be in order to be who I am.
- Fully embrace vulnerability.
- We can't selectively numb emotions. When we numb the bad ones, we numb the good ones, too.
- Am I losing my tolerance for vulnerability?
- Vulnerability is the birthplace of joy, love, belonging, creativity, and faith.
- I can practice vulnerability by
- Practicing gratitude and honoring what's ordinary in my life
- Allowing myself to experience joy & love.