Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Uniform Project - One Girl, One Year, One Dress

I came across this project today in which one girl, who was raised in India and wore the mandated uniform to public school, just finished a year-long project to wear the same dress for an entire year. Actually, I think she had 7 dresses, one for each day, but the dresses were identical. She completed her outfit each day with vintage, hand-me-down, borrowed, and other used (sustainable) items to make a unique outfit each day. While doing this, she raised money for supplies, uniforms, and education for children living in slums in India. Check out this slideshow of photographs of each outfit from the entire year. There goes my "I don't have anything to wear" excuse!

Uniform Project Picture Book from The Uniform Project on Vimeo.


No comments: